Monday, August 18, 2008
At last - Katie is ours (photos forthcoming)!
FINALLY! Katie is officially in our arms! We haven't been able to download photos yet, but those are forthcoming. Her pet name from the orphanage is "Zhu Zhu", which she responds to readily. She is teeny tiny -- about 15 pounds -- but very dense and loooong. Her day has been a bit hectic (ours, too!), so we're going to keep this brief. Grandma June and Grandpa Ted are entertaining her now. Hopefully, sleep is on the horizon for all of us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
That's awesome news! Why are you talking about sleep? You don't get to sleep until Katie is few years older! Can't wait to see some pictures.
I'm so excited for both of you, and really enjoying the blog. With the 12 hour time change plus a baby, you'll be a very long time in getting back to your usual body clock time, assuming Katie even lets you sleep. Can't wait to see updated photos of Katie and her new family with her.
Tecumseh!! I shall call her "Kate-ee" (right hand up). Congratulations, I cannot wait to take her on a trip to Babies R Us (their motto: "Wouldn't your baby be cuter if you bought our stuff?")
Let me know when I should travel back to DC and say hello
"Katie, have some Doritos in a wok, it's how your father used to eat them in college!"
If you're up in the middle of the night, you could do what I do, watch the olympics. It's never to soon to start thinking about that fencing scholarship to college.
Way to go Mom and Dad. You're parents!
How exciting for you all! I can't wait to see photos of your new family unit. Safe journey home.
YAY!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys. :) Can't wait to see pics!
HOORAY!!!
I have been thinking of you both and am so glad you have your arms around your girl. I'm with the rest -- can't wait to see photos and Katie "Zhu Zhu" in person!
We are unbelievably thrilled for you guys!!!! I'm so glad that you are finally united! Yayyyy! Hootie-hooooooo!!!! :)
We are unbelievably thrilled for you guys!!!! I'm so glad that you are finally united! Yayyyy! Hootie-hooooooo!!!! :) - Jenny and John
Congratulations, Mom and Dad! How exciting for you to have those titles, now! God bless! Marie
She slept pretty much all night! Sigh! Yay!
we are exited to have a new kid on the block. zhu zhu is a good name. do you know what it means? kieran and susie.
Yeaaaa! Congratulations, you sucessfully got a toddler! We are very excited for you!
Hi Katie, we have some future boyfriends for you. (Like when you are 38, say your mom and dad!) Also, we want to hear more about how Eug ate Doritos in a wok.
Congratulations, new little family!! We are so thrilled for you all :) I love all your pictures...
Love Christina and Doug.
Yeah - we are so happy for you guys - we know how terrific it feels. Love, Melanie, David and Indigo
Post a Comment